Saturday 16 May 2009

I really hate this exam thing.pressure's on! Two weeks til my first exam, and then it's drama, geography, geography, biology, geography, biology, dram

pressure's on! Two weeks til my first exam, and then it's drama, geography, geography, biology, geography, biology, drama.... urg
The stress is definitely beginning to show in the sixth form - more bitching than usual, more spots than usual (mostly on my chin by the looks of it), fewer smiles than usual. There's truth in those UNICEF surveys that say Britain's a godawful place to grow up, and I'm in one of the nicest parts! (in fairness, those surveys are only of a few countries - it's almost certainly worse to grow up in one of those central African countries where people are killing each other over a racial difference which was arbitrarily decided by white colonists)
On top of the exams and spots thing, there's extra irritations. My mum tells me that before her A-level exams she lost a stone in weight from the stress. I'm gaining weight. Seems I stress eat even as I tell myself not to.
The food itself isn't helping. I usually would have a perfectly normal cereal bowl, filled with cereal for breakfast. On the back of the box, it always says that 30g is the serving size. Figured I might as well find out how much that is.
I got a cereal bowl, and the kitchen scales. Set the scales to zero with the bowl and got the cereal out. 30g of bran flakes is... one small handful. the quantity I usually eat (one, normal bowlful) is more than 100g.
How am I supposed to cope til lunchtime on one handful of cereal? it's possible the portion sizes are mostly to blame for my tubbiness and the more significant tubbiness of my parents, although mum does suspect dad of trying to keep her fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment